2. Realizing your full potential- Every individual has resources that he/she may not still be aware of. Hence it is important to discover these untapped abilities and reach your full potential as a great leader.
3. Unceasing improvement- To be an exceptional leader you will have to be in an unending cycle of developing and improving your knowledge and capabilities, and always be up to date with the latest material available in relation to your job role.
4. Upholding your reputation- Great leaders will always uphold their reputation. Firstly it is important to understand how your reputation was developed, then how it can be boosted and maintained best. An effective leader will be an example to others, which will add to their reputation.
5. Function with self-awareness- To be an extraordinary leader it is vital to be thoughtful of your actions and words, as well as your behavioral integrity. Do not make false promises and always take responsibility in mistakes made. Also in the case you make a mistake, take some time to get to the root of it so further mistakes of the sort can be avoided.
6. Always be decisive- As an excellent leader you should be able to evaluate the options you have using available resources in order to make the best decision possible.
7. Motivate others around you- A leader is as powerful as his team. Hence, as a good leader you will always motivate others around you so they function to the best of their abilities to achieve set goals.
8. Maintain a positive attitude- To be a great leader you must have a positive attitude which will draw people towards you. This will enable you to be around more positive people and also to attract more exciting possibilities.
9. Demonstrate collaborative problem solving skills- In order to be a great leader who works well with teams; you must take into consideration ideas of everyone around you. This will also enable innovation to become a commonplace.
10. Good communication skills- To be a great leader you must be able to clearly communicate your goals, visions, expectations and skills to others. It is important to be non-judgmental and listen to others so you can learn. By doing so you will be able to create more openness and facilitate connections.